This past Sunday, February 9th, was World Marriage Day! We celebrated at Luther Woods with a mock renewing of the vows for a lovely couple. Following the ceremony, all of our residents and guests enjoyed tasty food!More about World Marriage Day:
- Each year, World Marriage Day (WMD) is observed on the second Sunday in February.
- In its 39th¬†year, World Marriage Day celebrates the beauty, sacrifice and joy in daily married life.¬†
- In 1993, it received the apostolic blessing of Pope John Paul II. ¬†
- The permanent theme adopted for the day is “Love One Another”.¬†
- The symbol is two candle-like figures joined by a heart.